Frequently Asked Questions

What is my driving distance to Broken Bow?

Dallas - Broken Bow is 197 miles from the center of Dallas. It is a 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive, depending upon your starting point.

Oklahoma City - Broken Bow is 255 miles from the center of Oklahoma City – usually a 4-hour drive.

Tulsa - Broken Bow is 218 miles from Tulsa – usually a 3 1/2 hour drive.

What time is check-in / check-out? Check-in time is 3:00 PM. Check-out time is 11:00 AM. These times are firm in order to allow adequate time for cleaning between guests. Even if nobody is due to check in after your departure, we want our cabins clean and ready for any last-minute bookings.

What are the cabin amenities? All Beavers Bend Adventures cabins are fully equipped for all your needs. They each have outdoor grills, cooking utensils and linens for the number of people the cabin sleeps.

Is firewood provided? Some cabins have gas fireplaces and some have wood burning fireplaces. All cabins have campfire pits (except Dream Chaser, which has 2 gas log fireplaces). Beavers Bend Adventures provides approximately 20 logs of firewood for each reservation, beginning mid October through mid March.

What is the nearest MapQuest address? You can enter "Broken Bow High School, Hwy. 259 Broken Bow, OK 74728" to get to Broken Bow. Then use the driving directions we provide to go from Broken Bow to your cabin. MapQuest does not work for many of our cabins, due to their recent construction.

How will I find my cabin? You will receive directions from Broken Bow to your cabin, as well as your cabin’s key code, by e-mail approximately 1 day prior to your arrival. You can get directions to your cabin from our website: / Click: CABINS / Click: "Get Directions" just below the cabin of your choice.

Do you have handicapped facilities? No – some cabins are more suited for the handicapped with only 2 – 3 steps and one story. Some cabins have ramps.

Are pets allowed? See the website and look for the running dog per cabin. Please be sure to bathe, brush and treat for fleas before bringing your furry family member to the cabin. We also request you to crate your pets when leaving them at the cabin. PLEASE DO NOT SHUT YOUR PET INSIDE OF ONE ROOM OF THE CABIN WHILE YOU ARE GONE. THEY WILL SCRATCH THE DOOR! CRATE YOUR PETS WHILE YOU ARE GONE PLEASE.

Are any of the cabins located on the lake? Broken Bow Lake is managed by the Corps of Engineers. Therefore, no cabins or homes are allowed to be built near the water. The Beavers Bend Adventures cabins are nestled in the Ouachita National Forest. Our cabins are tucked into the Ouachita National Forest... with Beavers Bend State Park and Broken Bow Lake are 1 - 5 miles from any of our cabins. Therefore, it is only a short drive to the nature & hiking trails, the trout streams, zip lining, the lake, Hochatown restaurants, wineries, breweries and shops, or the Cedar Creek golf course.

Where can we find supplies and groceries in the area? Pruett’s Grocery in Broken Bow, Super Wal-Mart in Idabel or a small Wal-Mart in Broken Bow (no groceries).

If I book today, what charges apply to my credit card?
There is a $50 per night non-refundable deposit per cabin which is charged to your card right away. The deposit is applied toward your balance, which is charged to your credit card 14 days prior to your arrival, or 30 days prior to major holiday & Spring Break arrivals. At that time, you will receive three e-mails from us:

  • A new (paid in full) reservation confirmation
  • Our Cabin Rental Policies for review
  • Concierge Services & Area Attractions information

Please forward these e-mails to all members of your group. Please check your junk mail folder for this information. In order to avoid this important information being sent to your junk mail folder, please take the time now to enter the following e-mail address into your contacts:

Do you accept cash payments?
No, a valid credit card is required in order to make a reservation. If your card will not process your payments, you could loose your reservation if not resolved promptly.

What if we have more people in our group than the cabin sleeps?
Cabins are equipped to comfortably sleep the maximum number indicated (2 per bed and 2 per sleeper sofa). We supply enough amenities (towels, dishes, etc.) for that number of people. We STRONGLY suggest that you rent additional cabins for additional occupants. See the Beavers Bend Adventures map to find cabins located nearby.

Are there any restaurants in the area? There are four restaurants within 1 to 3 miles from all the Beavers Bend Adventures cabins – Shady Oaks, Abendigos, Stevens Gap, Blue Rooster, Moon Tower & Beavers Bend Café in the park. All are casual dress. There are additional restaurants in Broken Bow.

Do I need to buy a fishing license?
When fishing in the river, people 14 & over must hold a valid Oklahoma fishing license. (Trout stamps are no longer required). When fishing on Broken Bow Lake, only a permanent or temporary fishing license is required. Fishing licenses can be purchased at Wal-Mart, most convenience stores or the Beavers Bend State Park office. Broken Bow Lake is well known for large mouth bass, white bass, crappie & walleye. Fishing guides are available. Mountain Fork River is a designated trout stream. Rainbow and brown trout are stocked two times per month. See stocking dates on the Oklahoma Wildlife website. For more fishing guide info, go to

Where are the boat ramps? Beavers Bend Marina is located on Stevens Gap Road. You should use an alternate boat ramp on major holidays. There are four other boat ramps in Carson Creek and Stevens Gap. See the map on the Beavers Bend Adventures website

Are water craft rentals available? Yes – pontoon boats, fishing boats and Jet Ski rentals are available at Beavers Bend Marina. Call 580-494-6455, or reserve online at

Are Canoe rentals available? Yes – half-day or full-day canoe rentals are available on the lower Mountain Fork River. Also inside Beavers Bend State Park are canoe, paddle boats, bumper boats and kayak rentals. See the Area Attractions page of the Beavers Bend Adventures web site for phone numbers.

Are there mountain bike and hiking trails in the area? All designated bike / hiking trails are located within the boundaries of Beavers Bend State Park. Check with the Nature Center or the State Park office for trail maps and directions. It is a good idea to notify the Nature Center (580-494-6556) or State Park office (580-494-6300) to let them know your plans to hike or bike the trails.

Are there designated ATV trails? Yes – you must have an access pass to ride on any of the Three Rivers trails (Weyerhaeuser land). The cost is $40 per person per year for Oklahoma Residents, $85 per person per year for non-residents. ATV access fees may be paid at Wal-Mart, most convenience stores or at the Beavers Bend State Park office. Frontier General Store has area ATV trail maps and info. Be sure to obtain and understand the rules and regulations before riding the trails. The nearest ATV access is one mile North of the Northern Hills addition. The trails going East and West from this point do not require an access pass. Please read the ATV rules posted on the tree on the East side for any updates.

May we ride our ATV vehicles from the cabins? No – you must trailer your vehicles to the ATV trails. Best are 1 mile N. of Northern Hills - East or West.

Are your cabins air conditioned? Yes – all of the Beavers Bend Adventures cabins are luxury homes, fully equipped with thermostat controlled central heating and air conditioning.

Do your cabins have fireplaces? Yes – all the Beavers Bend Adventures cabins have fireplaces for winter use and outdoor fire rings for campfires. Don’t forget to bring the marshmallows!

Are there wild animals in the area? The cabins are located in the forest and we share the forest with rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, etc. For your protection, caution should be taken against poison ivy and 2 types of poisonous snakes – copperheads and rattlesnakes. Poison ivy and bug repellant is suggested.

Are 4-wheel drive vehicles required? All of our cabins have easy access for any cars, boats, trailers, etc. Most require a short drive on a gravel road.